Truckin' on - somehow while tired I am also very motivated to get some good training sessions in. I don't have any races coming up (officially) but I have ideas. I truly love to train. I feel more connected to everything around me (including my husband). I like to feel strong. I like watching how my body adapts to different challenges. Maybe the biggest payoff is how my mind works while "on training". Gone are the worries, anxieties, and insecurities that come with everyday life.
However, this morning I woke up and DID NOT want to get on that bike! Period. I ran yesterday morning. I swam last night. All "shake out" (easy) stuff because I am STILL sore. My bed was calling my name.
|The color of my bike is Sexy Candy Mango|
I love the name of the color!
|Clothes that make me feel |
|In the "Pain Cave"|
I get a lot of questions for playlist recommendations. My music tastes are ridiculously eclectic (don't judge!). Here are the songs that I listened to this morning:
- Light 'em Up - Fall Out Boy
- Calculate - Everyday Sunday
- Hot Like Sauce - Pretty Lights
- No Sugar in My Coffee - Caught a Ghost
- Greyhound - Swedish House Mafia
- We Run the Night - Havana Brown
- Between the Raindrops - Lifehouse
If you are looking for the magic motivation bullet to get your workout in, it doesn't really exist. I like to have a "toolbox" of motivational techniques that I can pull out when needed. Sometimes, like today, multiple tools are necessary.
- I needed to have a chat with myself -- 'be an athlete'.
- I needed an external motivator (John).
- I needed to feel/look the part (badass clothes).
- I needed to pump myself up with a good beat (helpful playlists).
|Picture from 14thandVine.org|
What motivates you to train? Do you need external motivators, internal motivators, both?